Thursday 29 May 2014

The day Einstein feared has come


Smart phones: Making people dumber and distant.

To be honest with you I use a Smart Phone too, specially for apps and being connected via mail. But as the time passes by a phone has changed into much more than a device for making and receiving calls. It has become a:
  • A mini computer
  • A Music player and recorder
  • A camera
  • A video player and recorder
  • A game station
I use each and every one of the features listed above but not to the extend that I forget what is going on around me, who's talking to me, who's near me........I haven't yet (thank god for that!!) replaced my fellow human beings with my Smart Phone. 

I have seen people travelling with their friends or loved ones and constantly engrossed in their phones. To top it all off mobile companies have made it it a point to increase the battery life of the device so that people can stay on it for hours without shutting it off. Well they aren't..............the only thing they are shutting off is themselves from the world around. 

Human interaction face to face is decreasing since they have video chats, and voice chats. People take the world in their phones and leave the real world of people. 

Smart Phones are becoming smarter and people are becoming more dependent on them. 

A Sad truth. 

What do you think?!

No comments:

Post a Comment